Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Evolution of the Cereal Pancake

   Over the past few months I have been cooking pancakes. Over time this pancake has been transformed and re-configured to have a new time slot in the day (ie, lunch or dinner). This pancake is made of a quick mix, just add water, that was the cheapest price per oz. at the local grocery store.
 Here we see that batter used (next to my new free clock that was found, and holds time!) There is also a picture of the normal finished pancake. Notice the size take up an entire plate and is usually .25-.5 inches thick. Inside it has chocolate chips, sliced bananas and topped with a thin spread of peanut butter and drizzled in a bunch of syrup. I'm hoping this thing breaks over 1000 calories!
  The other day when I was making a pancake and going through some stuff in the kitchen, I found a box of cereal (raisin bran crunch) that had lot's of crumbs left. Since I was out of milk I decided it to add it to my pancake on the stove (see picture below). Thus the Cereal Pancake was born! The next time I went to make a pancake, I decided to add some Frosted corn flakes directly to the batter. This changed both the consistency of the batter (thicker) and the flakes (softer). When I added it to the pan, it started to sizzle a little and not spread out as much. It ended up cooking fine, but just seamed a little different then the previous monster cakes I have made. The Cereal Pancake tasted good. It had a subtle crunch (soft corn flakes don't crunch too much) that tasted good.


      


Next time your thinking of some new ingredients to add to your pancake, try your favorite cereal!

No comments:

Post a Comment